The Austbat Harptrap
The Austbat Harptrap
Developed and refined over a 22-year period, the Austbat Harp Trap name is synonymous with trapping efficiency, build quality and field-friendly features.
Constructed from selected high quality materials, our designs offer ease and speed of assembly, light weights, corrosion resistance and general robustness.
We produce two, three and four bank Harp Traps, in a range of sizes. Catching bags can be ordered in traditional natural poly cotton or our synthetic rot-proof “Troppo” bag. Traps are fully strung and complete with guy ropes and user manual.
Transport options include lightweight carry bags, or the robust and watertight heavy duty cartage tube.
The Austbat Harptrap has been in continual production for over twenty years. Over that time it has been refined and improved to offer today’s bat worker the most effective, reliable and easy to assemble bat trap possible.
Sound design and selection of high quality lightweight materials result in a microbat harptrap that is:
- Effective – design refinements ensure excellent capture success combined with low escape rates;
User friendly – quick to assemble, easy to adjust; no tools are required;
- Corrosion resistant – judicious use of stainless steel, brass and high grade anodised aluminium;
- Lightweight – the standard 4.2m2 trap weighs twelve kilograms, the carry bag just 500g;
- Interchangeable – all components adhere to our tight dimensional tolerances and are precision machined, enabling parts to be freely interchanged between traps if required. Future spare parts are guaranteed to fit the trap that you buy today;
- Proven – over 520 Austbat traps are operating in 18 countries around the world, covering a vast range of habitats, from steamy jungles to scorching deserts. This is a living testament to the dependability of the Austbat Harptrap.
Standard 4.2m2 two-bank traps and spare parts are generally available “off the shelf”. Mini two-bank traps (to any size), as well as three or four bank traps are made to order.
Traps are supplied fully strung and tension tested. A comprehensive assembly and maintenance manual is included. We generally supply the trap in a heavy duty watertight cartage tube, available in either a long version (hips stored in), or short version (hips stored separately). Alternatively, we can ship in a disposable heavy duty cardboard tube. Other options include a lightweight carry bag and stringing/spares kit.